Thursday, April 21, 2011

Massive weekend of shooting

So I have recently finished editing photos for a weekend of shooting I did at the start of April. It was actually two separate days of test shoots, both with the hair and makeup team of Wade Ambler and Karl Fjeseth.

The Saturday saw an editorial shoot, on location, in the stinking hot sun. Everyone was sweating, the model was in pain, Wade and Karl rarely ventured out of the shade and I felt like I was going to pass out. But we got the shots. I have titled the set "Under the Blistering Sun" because that is not only how it felt, but that is actually how I wanted the shots to feel. I wanted a high contrast, earthy toned shoot with lots of browns and blacks. I am very happy with the way these turned out.

"Under the Blistering Sun"
Photographer and Post Production: Me
Model: Liz Westworth
Hair: Wade Ambler
Makeup: Karl Fjeseth
Stylist: Danii Nicole
Photographer's Assistant: Elisha Wynne

Liz
Liz
Liz
Liz
Liz



The second day of shooting was a studio shoot. I don't actually own a studio or have regular access to one, but Wade and Karl have space enough in their studio for me to set up mine. We worked with three models on the Sunday, and it was extremely busy. Everyone was doing something, and we ended up getting some amazing shots. The shoot took most of the day, with Wade and Karl constantly doing and adjusting hair and makeup, while I was almost constantly shooting. I really enjoy the simplicity of studio beauty shoots. Beautiful hair and makeup on model with shots cropped in close so you can see every detail. 
Photographer and post production: Me
Models: Ally, Annie and Jaysee
Hair: Wade Ambler
Makeup: Karl Fjeseth
Photographer's Assistant: Elisha Wynne



Alexandra
Anastasia
Jaysee

No comments:

Post a Comment